I ordered a "split king" mattress. I received an XL twin.

I was originally told that the split king was two twins and they would ship my other one. Then I received a call wanting to add another $120 to my charge card for the other mattress. I refused. The webpage shows a picture of two mattresses on the split king page.

The cost is $175 plus $5. There is no indication that the cost if for one mattress. I paid $180 and they are refusing to send the other mattress.

My order confirmation says split king and the packing slip says XL twin. They admit the webpage shows two mattresses, that I ordered a split king and that I received one twin but they refuse to complete my order.

I didn't like: I only got half the mattress i paid for.

Comments

personalcomfort
Personal Comfort Bed Verified Representative

We will absolutely allow this customer to return her air chamber. We'll even send her a shipping label.

This customer did not buy a "mattress", the customer purchased an air chamber for a competitors brand. The customer intention in purchasing this product is replacing her air chambers for her number bed from another manufacturer. We offer this product replacement as a courtesy as our competitors charge twice as much for their replacement chambers. The customer ordered what she thought was 2 air chambers but actually just 1 as evidenced by her invoice TW-XL Vulcanized Rubber Chamber Quantity 1.

(customer uploaded their receipt).- The customer purchased this online unaided by anyone from Personal Comfort.- Rarely do customers replace both chambers at the same time so we do include the option of a SPLIT KING size but there is only the option to order one.- From the screen shot the customer sent us, the heading says "SINGLE or DUAL" and it clearly says "SINGLE".Below are the specifications of the air chambers that are displayed below the pictures of the product on the web page the customer uploaded. We try to be as clear as possible using the words "PER CHAMBER".Twin - 67" x 30" x 5.5"Twin XL - 72" x 30" x 5.5"Full / Double - 67" x 46" x 5.5"Queen Single Sleeper - 71" x 51" x 5.5"Queen Dual (per chamber) - 72" x 26" x 5.5"King (per chamber) - 72" x 30" x 5.5"Cal King (per chamber - 76" x 32" x 5.5"Our web page shows what the customer should have chosen. Single = 1, Dual =2. The price is is increased by $120 with the second chamber added.

This is the offer that the customer refused.

Personal Comfort does pay the shipping charges and there are no taxes charged outside of Florida.If the customer would still like to order the 2nd chamber, We will authorize an exception reduce the price to $90 or half the price of original chamber, as an apology for creating confusion for for the customer. The customer can call 888-373-9996 Option 2 to order.