2.5K views
Style and Design

I have had a Sleep Number bed for approx 14 yrs and love it. I recently was looking to upgrade to another bed w/ adjustable base and add another for our child.

When searching for "Sleep Number", I came across "Personal Comfort" and their website was very enticing. I spent about an hour on the phone with one of their sales people, Kathy, on Wednesday evening asking lots of questions to know what I'd be getting. I could sense the "....pffff...." attitude on the other end as though I was wasting her time....apparently, they think that if a customer is going to spend $7,000+ for a bed, that it is frustrating and irritating for them to have to clarify their product information. I went over the final #s at least 3 times to be clear on the accuracy of what notes I was taking.

When calling back, I always got their circular voicemail, not a live person. I waited 2 days for a call back, being told how busy they were. When I confirmed the beds and bases I wanted to purchase, as discussed and quoted, several nights earlier; I received a order quote in writing that was approx. $300 more than what she had quoted me the 1st night.

I called in to clarify this, requesting a Sales Mgr., but was told there weren't any and that the prices sent to me were correct....that there was no mis-quoted prices. Then, the next day, I received a quote stating that the discounts were applied and adjustments made....only, to have this quote approximately $200 more than the quote that was $300 higher than originally quoted over the phone.

After taking 15 minutes to research the company online, I found more than enough Negative to Very Negative reviews, that I feel comfortable and confident that not "not purchasing this Personal Comfort bed" will have saved me over $7,000 and probably months and months of headaches and problems in dealing with the company. Whether it's Personal Comfort, Sleep Comfort or very low prices on Amazon; be wary, very wary.....if it sounds to good to be true; it probably isn't true.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue at Personal Comfort Bed. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Personal Comfort Bed to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was mis-quoting by sales person and unprofessional business communication. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Personal Comfort Bed personal comfort a6 a8 split king queen flex 3 adjustable base for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

personalcomfort
Personal Comfort Bed Verified Representative

Thank you for taking time to review your Personal Comfort Bed experience. Buying a mattress can take a lot of time and research to find the right model and features that suit each person as well as falls within their budgets.

We offer 10 different mattress models and even more adjustable base options to get just the right comfort for each sleeper while still saving hundreds to thousands over our competitors.

Most furniture companies that offer financing as form of payment offer financing pricing and discounted cash offers. The competitor companies are no different. With the variety of models discussed and selected we fear there still may have been a miscommunication as to the models quoted and requested of the upper management team.

We're sorry to hear your quotes did not satisfy your needs and hope you have found a mattress that delivers the comfort and satisfaction you are looking for.

Best Regards,

Personal Comfort Bed

to personalcomfort Plymouth, Minnesota, United States #1263479

Y'all sound like a scam. The verbiage in your terms and conditions make it sound as though you guys can find any little thing to reject a return over.

"All beds and components must be returned in like-new condition. This means absolutely no hair, blemishes, holes, stains, odors (such as cigarettes and cigar), scratches (on the remote control face and/or pump encasement) to qualify for a full refund or exchange."

personalcomfort
to Anonymous #1264245
Personal Comfort Bed Verified Representative

We believe in transparency with our return policy and terms. Of the less than 5% of orders that are returned even less than 5% of them are charged fees for the condition in which they are returned.

to personalcomfort #1433639

It doesn’t sound like you have a command of the English language let alone the skepticism associated with mattress purchases. Good luck