1.7K views

I bought a Personal Comfort bed in January 2014. When I opened the boxes, there was a horrible rubber/plastic smell. In their FAQ section, it says to put some dryer sheets inside the mattress -- let me tell you, that does NOT work. I wanted to get RID of the smell, not just mask it.

Contacted them about the smell, and was told that I had to keep the bed for 45 days before I could return it. I have a small apartment and could not keep their shipping boxes. I had to buy large boxes to return everything, and then they charged me (-$25 each for 2 boxes) because it wasn't returned in the original boxes. They would not accept the bed frame that I purchased from them (-$189.99), and they charged me $149 for a restocking fee.

In summary, I bought a twin size bed with a metal frame for $639.98. On May 16, 2014, I received a refund of $250.99. WHAT A DEAL!!!

Bottom line: DO NOT DO ANY KIND OF BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Also, they keep changing their web site -- in particular the FAQ section. Remember, the large print gives it to you, and the small print takes it away. I sincerely hope that the government/FDA or someone will be able to close them down soon.

Review about: Personal Comfort Bed Bed.

Comments

Columbia, Missouri, United States #1204435

I have the same exact issue. The smell is horrible and my daughter will not sleep on her bed any more.

I had hoped the smell would subside and have even tore the bed down to let it air out. The salesperson was so nice and delivery great. I bought a 2015 model so will probably eat the cost of the bed. It is a shame that a company who still continues to do business online will not stand behind their products.

Expensive lesson learned. I am disappointed.

Just because a company that owns your company is a FDA Registered Medical Device Manufacturer. Doesn't mean that your product is FDA approved.

that's like saying I assembled a pen in a FDA approved manufacturer plant. But I did it in the janitors closet.... sue I made it in the same building, but that's it... this is false advertising at its best people and you need to do your homework.

There's a re as son their stuffs so cheap and their website shows.

They can't just show off their products and let you decide, no they have to disparage another company... no go for us.

We are sincerely apologetic to hear of your experience and would like to make this right for you. Please contact our customer service department at 888-694-4088 Ext.

2 and we will be happy to rectify this issue.

If a customer receives a product and there is a smell to it we do in-fact replace the part that may have a smell. Sometimes our vulcanized rubber air chambers will give off a smell similar to that of a "new car smell" we do our best to make sure that no product goes out with any type of smell, however there is that one chance that someone may make a mistake in our shipping department. For that we stand behind our warranty and will replace any part that is deemed defective right away at no cost to our customer.

Our policy is that if something is deemed defective upon arrival you allow us to fix it and make it right. Now if you were wanting to just return it the bed, then you do have to wait the full 45 nights in order for your body to adjust to the new mattress. This is our policy as sometimes it may take people at least 30 nights before they find their number and for that we require you to keep the mattress a full 45 nights before being eligible for the free return. You must return the bed in the original boxes or you will be charged a $25/box fee.

The A2, A3 and A4 models require a restock fee of $149. A5 models and up are all Risk Free Trials w/o restocking fee. This was made clear at time of purchase and agreed to by our Terms and Conditions. It was also on your invoice at time of purchase.

Accessory items (sheets, pillows, bases, etc..) are non-returnable and final sale. This has been our policy since the beginning and is the same policy as all of our competitors. We make this very clear with each new customer and do our best to service our customers the way we'd like to be serviced. Hopefully this clears up any confusion there may have been and helps educate any new customer who may be shopping around.

We stand behind our product and want only the best for our customers.

Regards,