2.1
Style and Design

Purchased the A8 about a month ago. When making the purchase I spoke directly to Personal Comfort telling them we like our bed fairly soft and definitely with a plush top.

They recommended the A8, sounded good and I purchased it. Since then we have tried many different pressure settings, from 9 on up to the mid 30's. 30 is way too firm for us and 9 is sinking into the floor. We found 13 to 15 to be about right so the bed top doesn't sink well below the edges.

But the top surface still fells rather hard causing us to wake up and have to turn or roll over frequently. Call Personal Comfort back to ask for recommendations. They suggested to remove the top cover and sleep on the gel infused foam. If you've seen that foam I bet you too would not count on it staying in one piece without falling apart.

And, without the top I'm sure the sides would start falling out. This has to be a really bad idea. Next recommendation: we could manufacture you a special bed like the A10 or something else. Sounds like nothing but an upsell (even though I was ready to by the A10 in the first place but told the A8 was probably more plush).

So now I have to wait the full 45 days to return it - apparently there is nothing else Personal Comfort can do to help other than to buy the bed back. Beware.

Review about: Personal Comfort Bed Bed.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Do something to make the top more plush - or full refund.

I liked: Adjustability.

I didn't like: Hard top surface and no way to improve it.

Comments

PersonalComfort2018

We take our customer's comfort very seriously and that's why Personal Comfort is the ONLY mattress that offers a "Comfort Exchange Policy". You can upgrade your A8 to our top of the line A10 to get a softer and plusher sleeping experience.

The exchange policy will allow you to purchase only the components you need to upgrade at 1/2 of the retail price during your trial. Please contact our customer service department at support@personalcomfortbed.com and ask for a call back regrading a comfort exchange.

Since we do not know who you are, we can't help you from this public forum otherwise we would reach out you to you. We hope this helps!

to PersonalComfort2018 #1437154

I spoke to your customer service department when considering the purchase, specifically asking which model had a more "plush" top and she stated the A8 was best for that. This is how my decision was made.I am not paying to upgrade something that was clearly discussed prior to the purchase. My 45 days is up in early March and at that time I'll call in to prepare a return of the mattress.This is order 10115390